Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For All AGAINST(or partially against) AWNM

I've been reading Mr. Gary Stager's thoughts on AWNM. I find that i agree with most of his points against Mr. Pink. Mr. Stager accuses Mr. Pink among other authors of the same genre of being "fancy talkers" and "linguistic jugglers" trying to get their book sold to the people looking for an "edge" in the future, where "the right brain will rule the future". I'm not totally taking Mr. Stager's side though. I agree with Mr. Pink's "sense", EMPATHY. I find that caring about the guy next to you and being interactive can pay off and maybe reward you in the long run. So, for all who actually visit my blog, tell me what you think..... here's the link to Mr. Stager's blog if you want to read it also. Thanks!

http://www.stager.org/blog/2007/07/whole-new-mind.html

4 comments:

Gary said...

I'm all for empathy. That doesn't change my review of Pink's work.

Gary said...

By the way, when did Empathy become some sort of new value?

ryanm said...

Gary- I think that empathy has always been a value and that empathy in the work-place and at home may help increase productivity and boost the will to perform in social and professional settings. Being able to understand people can help give you a better comprehension of the business world as well as in your personal life and how to react to certain situations.

jordanh said...

Gary-I am a student in Ryan's class. I am curious about what you would have to say about Design in the workplace. How do you think design plays a roll in work? And also, would you agree with Pink's take on Design?